Yesterday I made a bite with boiled potatoes and I had about 3 boiled potatoes left, so today I said to do something with them, I didn't have any dumplings with plums so I made a salad quickly before, which doesn't take time much and no complications ....
- 3 pink potatoes about 400 g
- 2 water onions
- 4 pieces marinated mackerel about 300 g
- natural olives about 150 g
- olive oil
- a few strands of green onion leaves
Preparation time: less than 30 minutes
RECIPE PREPARATION Marinated mackerel salad:
Boil the potatoes in their skins, then clean them and leave them to cool. Cut the onion into small pieces and rub it with a little salt until it softens a little. Cut the marinated mackerel into smaller pieces, taking care to remove any bones. -cooled potatoes cut into suitable cubes put in a bowl, sprinkle salt and pepper over them, mix, then add olive oil and vinegar.Let about 10 minutes to blend the flavors, then add onions, fish and olives and mix. If necessary, add salt, pepper, oil and vinegar, depending on your preferences. At the end we add a few green onions. It can be served with mayonnaise or boiled egg.
Shuba salad with marinated herring
Every time I make this salad, it doesn't come out. It never turns out the same for me, I mean. I change the order of the layers, I put more or less of various ingredients, I change the variety of fish used. After all, that's all the charm: always do something else, starting from (almost) the same ingredients. One of my brothers-in-law did şuba with canned tuna, smoked salmon, he also put boiled egg and green onions. Hi!
After şuba with smoked mackerel and the one with smoked trout, it was the turn of the one with marinated herring. I used two varieties of marinated herring: one spicy, the other sour, with lemon.
What do you need?
- 2 saucepans (2 × 220 g) spicy marinated herring fillets
- 1 casserole (220 g) fillets of marinated herring with lemon
- 2 red beets (about 200 & # 8211 250 g piece)
- 4 white potatoes for salad (about 400 - 500 g)
- 2 suitable carrots (it must have been about 250 - 300 g in total)
- 2 red onions (larger, smaller, as you stand)
- Salt, pepper, black pepper with lemon - to taste.
Homemade mayonnaise, for the preparation of which you need:
- 1 raw egg yolk
- 1 hard boiled egg yolk (4 - 5 minutes)
- 2 teaspoons of classic mustard (from Tecuci)
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard (from Dijon, obviously)
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1 pepper powder
- 250 - 350 mL sunflower oil.
How do you proceed?
Wash the beets, wipe them, wrap them in aluminum foil and bake them in the preheated oven at 200 - 220 ˚C. It is good to put them in a tray, not directly on the oven grill. That's in case the foil breaks and the beet juices start to flow. Depending on the size of the beets, their positioning in the oven and, last but not least, the calorific value of the natural gas, the baking process lasts between 1 ½ hours and 2 ½ hours. Alternatively, you can boil the beets (after you have peeled it and cut it into pieces - quarters or eighths). It may take less time (beets are boiled when the fork easily penetrates it), but many nutrients are lost in the water in which we boil it. I like the aroma of ripe beets more, but here we are already entering the territory of tastes, which are known to non disputandum.
Boil the (unpeeled) potatoes in salted water for about 15 to 20 minutes, or until the fork enters them lightly. Drain them from the water in which they boiled, let them cool completely and then peel them.
Peel the carrots, wash them, then boil them (in water, obviously, but separately from the potatoes), until they can be easily penetrated with a fork. Allow them to cool completely. It doesn't hurt, if time allows, to keep both carrots and potatoes (cleaned) in the fridge for half an hour.
Peel the onion and cut it into julienne (in the form of fish, if you like this formulation better). Sprinkle with coarse salt and let it rest for about 10-15 minutes. The osmotic pressure will cause the salt to absorb water from the onion cells, causing it to soften.
If the beets have cooled, peel them, possibly cut them in half. It will be easier for you to grate it.
Drain the excess oil in the marinated herring fillets. What's next to fish, except oil, you can use in salad: carrot, onion, lemon. You didn't kiss them, but I did and it wasn't bad.
Put the potatoes, carrots and beets through the large grater. Not at the same time, but separately. And collect the scraping results in separate pots. Unlike beef salad, in which all the ingredients mix well, the brisket consists of distinct layers.
Take a bowl with a suitable capacity, which will fit all the ingredients of the salad and start building.
Place a layer of potatoes on the bottom of the pot, which you have previously seasoned with salt and pepper.
Add a layer of spicy herring over the potatoes. You can leave the fillets whole, or you can break them into smaller pieces.
Season the grated carrot with black pepper and lemon and then place it over the layer of herring.
Spread a layer of onion over the carrot.
Then come over the onion with the herring marinated in lemon. You can also put the lemon slices that come bundled with the fish fillets. If you feel the need, add a pinch of pepper.
It's time to come up with a line, not too thick, of mayonnaise. I hope you've already prepared it, without waiting for me to tell you that. To this layer of mayonnaise you can add the boiled egg white that you have left since you prepared the mayonnaise. Or did you just boil the yolk?
Squeeze the grated beets well. Spread half of the amount over the mayonnaise layer.
Put another layer of spicy herring over the beets. I hope you have left, that I just said "two boxes" clearly.
Put the rest of the beets on top of the herring fillets, then line everything with another mayonnaise mat.
The salad is almost ready, but it's not good to eat yet. It will first need to be refrigerated for at least an hour, but it is best to leave it overnight. Thus, the aromas and juices of the ingredients have time to move, more axially than radially, intertwining. It can be garnished before serving, although it is not a necessary thing. I could eat it unadorned.
Extremely good mackerel, to taste like goldfish: the secret lies in the marinade used!
We offer you a delicious recipe for marinated mackerel that tastes like red fish. The secret of this delicacy is in the spicy marinade, which gives the fish a special taste. Astonish your guests with an appetizing snack, excellent for any meal. Marinated mackerel goes great with boiled potatoes sprinkled with greens!
-1/2 teaspoon black peppercorns
-1/3 teaspoon of ground allspice
-1/2 teaspoon coriander seeds
-2 tablespoons sunflower oil
-2.5 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar
METHOD OF PREPARATION
1. Thaw the fish and cut them into pieces.
2. Boil water, add salt, sugar, cloves, peppercorns, allspice, coriander and oil. Boil the marinade for one minute on low heat. When it cools down a little, pour in the apple cider vinegar.
3. Cut the onions in half and mix them with the pieces of fish, pour the cold marinade on top and refrigerate the fish. You can taste the fish after 24 hours.
Note:you can marinate and herring by this method.
Marinated mackerel salad - Recipes
Because the fish is very healthy, it is good not to neglect it. A simple salad, which you can prepare as you say "mackerel".
What you need (picture 1)
& # 8211 500 gr marinated mackerel (in vinegar)
& # 8211 2 leeks
& # 8211 2 eggs, oil and lemon for mayonnaise
& # 8211 mustard, salt
& # 8211 finely chop the leeks and rub with salt (picture 2)
& # 8211 we cut small mackerel (picture 3)
& # 8211 we make mayonnaise from a raw yolk and a boiled one, with oil added gradually during mixing and with lemon juice (picture 4). Add the chopped fish and a little mustard over the mayonnaise (picture 5), then the leek (picture 6).
& # 8211 Serve on toast (picture 7)
Preparation time: 25 minutes
Price: 13 lei (may vary depending on where you take the ingredients)
Recommendations for you and your home
Extra Deep Fill sandwich toaster
Vessel with lid, enameled cast iron, 4.7L, round, red
Fruit and vegetable juicer B1700, Silver
constanta proca (Chef de cuisine), July 8, 2010
lizz (Chef), July 13, 2009
Thank you. A secret: marinated and homemade. only whoever makes it to me doesn't want to disclose the recipe. I still hope to find out. the fish tastes delicious, not like the commercial one. Well, I know he participates in the contest. At least that's what she writes to me. But honestly, it's not important for me to participate in a contest. I just like to cook.
Greek salad with marinated fish
The very well boiled and cooled yolks are ground with a fork in a bowl, a little oil is added and rubbed with the mixer, until a paste is formed.
Then add a raw egg yolk and add a little oil, stirring constantly in the same direction.
When it starts to thicken, add another raw egg yolk and a little oil again.
Do this until all the yolks have been added, then add the mustard (if the mayonnaise is used for the beef salad), little by little and stirring constantly, and the lemon juice. Then add oil, in small portions, until all the initially measured quantity is finished.
The mackerel is cleaned of intestines, washed very well.
Cut into rounds about 1 cm thick.
Arrange these rounds in a bowl, on the bottom of which a layer of coarse salt has been placed.
Place plenty of salt on top so that the fish is completely covered. Cover and place in refrigerator for 24 hours.
The next day, wash the fish well with cold water, arrange again in the same bowl and cover with vinegar. Also now you can put carrot slices, chopped onion scales, peppercorns and olives.
Cover the bowl with a lid and refrigerate for another 24 hours. On the third day, drain the vinegar and replace with oil.
It is stored for another 24 hours in the refrigerator, after which it can be consumed.
we continue with the basic recipe.
Marinated fish and cucumbers are cut into small cubes.
Mix with mayonnaise and add salt (if necessary).
What do you think about this recipe? Leave us a comment to tell us how it turned out or if you need additional guidance.
GRILLED MACROU SALAD I Recipe + Video
Hello dear lusts. Today I prepared GRILLED MACROU SALAD. This salad has a multitude of extraordinary flavors and tastes. The fish is crispy and juicy, and the ingredients fit perfectly. I hope you like this recipe and enjoy it. I wish you to continue to have a tasty day and good appetite!
- 2 headless mackerel fish and clean
- 100 gr.- radicchio
- 100 gr. - crispy lettuce leaves
- 3 eggplants
- 50 gr. & # 8211 nuts
- 1 orange peeled and sliced
- 3 tablespoons - balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons - honey
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and black pepper
Method of preparation:
- Prepare the sauce: mix in a bowl 3 tablespoons olive oil, 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar, a teaspoon of honey and a pinch of salt.
- Cut the eggplant in half horizontally and make some diamond-shaped surface cuts, season with salt and olive oil. Put the eggplant on the hot grill. When the eggplant has turned golden, turn it on the other side, and grease the browned part with the mixture of balsamic vinegar and honey, do this for 13-15 minutes or until the eggplants caramelize nicely and become soft. It is very important not to burn them.
- Meanwhile, cut the fish fillets on both sides along the column. Remove the bones and cut the strands in half.
- Remove the eggplant from the heat, season the fish with a little salt and put the fillets with the skin down and cook for 3 minutes.
- While the fish is cooking, break the lettuce and radicchio leaves into a bowl, add the orange slices and prepare the dressing in another bowl by adding 2 tablespoons of olive oil, 1 tablespoon of balsamic vinegar, a teaspoon of honey and a pinch of salt. Season the salad at the last minute.
- Turn the fish over, cook for another 10 seconds and remove from the heat.
- Cut the eggplant into triangles and arrange on a large platter the salad leaves with oranges, eggplant, and on top arrange the fish. Garnish with walnuts and serve salad immediately. Good appetite!
If you are preparing this recipe, don't forget to take a photo of it and use the hashtag #valeriesfood
Marinated mackerel salad
Marinated mackerel salad from: marinated mackerel, eggs, tomatoes, carrots, celery, bell peppers, red onions, green onions, olives, oil, dill, lemon juice, salt, pepper.
You may also be interested in:
- Salad with green beans, smoked mackerel and onions
- Onion and vegetable salad with marinated mackerel
- Smoked fish salad with cucumbers
- Spinach salad with fish
- 300g marinated mackerel fillets
- 2 boiled eggs
- 2 tomatoes
- 1 carrot
- little celery
- 1 bell pepper
- 1 red onion
- 1 leg. green onions
- 50g pitted olives
- 50ml oil (pref olive)
- leg. dill
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
Method of preparation:
Cut the mackerel fillet into slices and place in a bowl. Peel a squash, grate it and squeeze the juice.
Peel a squash, grate it and cut it in half. The onion is cut in the same way, both the red one and the green one.
Tomatoes are cut in half, then halves into slices. Eggs and olives are cut into slices.
Mix all of the above, except the eggs, with the fish slices, add the oil, lemon juice and season with salt and pepper.
Then place everything on a plate and garnish with egg slices, lemon slices and finely chopped dill.
BEET and FISH salad (& # 8220fish in the skirt & # 8221) - a delicious recipe from the Russians
We present an extremely tasty and interesting salad, based on fish and vegetables. Herring is used in the original recipe, but the marinated mackerel also works well. You can buy marinated mackerel from the market, from the Russians.
The recipe is famous, but very simple, easy to make at home. The combination of vegetables goes very well with the taste of the marinated mackerel. It is a vibrant, delicious, healthy and interesting appetizer for guests.
Beet and mackerel salad - recipe
Instead of mackerel you can use herring. It comes out very good with green onions, when it is in season and we have where to buy it.
• 200 g of mackerel or marinated herring preserved in oil
• 3 small beets
• 3 carrots
• 2 potatoes
• 1 onion
• about 400 g of homemade mayonnaise
Boil the beets and potatoes. Grate the carrots and then boil them. After they have boiled, peel the potatoes and beets (while they are hot), and put them on the grater. Do the same with the carrots.
Chop the mackerel as finely as possible. Put the onion on a small grater and drain the juice a little. This salad is arranged in layers on a plate, as follows:
& # 8211 potato layer
& # 8211 a layer of mayonnaise
& # 8211 layer of carrot
& # 8211 layer of mayonnaise
& # 8211 crushed mackerel
& # 8211 onion cut scales
& # 8211 layer of mayonnaise
& # 8211 Cover everything with a layer of grated beets
& # 8211 at the end, decorate the surface with mayonnaise and shaved egg white
After each layer, sprinkle a little salt. Leave the salad at room temperature for 2 hours, then put the plate in the fridge, or leave it cold on the balcony if it's winter, so that the flavors blend well and the vegetables mix their colored juices. The salad is much tastier after a cold night. In the morning you will find a red salad.
A more practical idea is to assemble the salad layers in a yena bowl.
You can serve this delicious salad for breakfast or at any other time of the day.
* The advice and any health information available on this site are for informational purposes, do not replace the doctor's recommendation. If you suffer from chronic illnesses or follow drug treatments, we recommend that you consult your doctor before starting a cure or natural treatment to avoid interaction. By postponing or interrupting classic medical treatments you can endanger your health.
RUSSIAN SALAD "ŞUBĂ" I Recipe + Video
Hello dear ones. Today we have prepared an extraordinary recipe that we find on many holiday tables in the Republic of Moldova and beyond. Shuba is a salad of marinated and salted fish, boiled vegetables and mayonnaise that comes from Russian cuisine from the mid-1970s and is a traditional dish found on the holiday or New Year's table. I took this method of preparation from my mother, namely to shave all the ingredients in the preparation process but not separately and then to assemble. This makes the salad fluffier and lighter. The skirt is made on an elongated plate because it reminds of the shape of the fish or you can use any other beautiful plate you have in the house. I hope you like the way this salad is prepared and I wish you good appetite.
- 1 marinated mackerel of about 450 gr. (or 4-5 fillets of marinated fish salted in oil)
- 1 onion (small) (diced)
- 4-5 potatoes (medium size)
- 3 carrots (medium size)
- 4 beets (medium size)
- 600 gr. - Mayonnaise
- 1 or
Method of preparation:
- Boil the potatoes and carrots in their skins for about 40 minutes or until soft.
- Boil the beets with the peel for about 40-60 minutes or until soft.
- Boil the eggs for 5-7 minutes.
- Meanwhile, peel the mackerel, bones, skin and cut it into small cubes.
- Peel a squash, grate it and squeeze the juice.
- Pour a little oil at the base of a large plate, put the first layer of onion on the entire surface.
- Place the diced fish on top of the onion on the entire surface of the plate.
- Put (through a large grater) the potatoes over the fish and then grease with 4-5 tablespoons of mayonnaise on the entire surface.
- Grate (through a large grater) over the carrot potatoes and again spread a layer of 4-5 tablespoons of mayonnaise.
- Grate (through a large grater) over the carrots the beets and cover with the last layer of mayonnaise, but here you need a larger amount of about 6-7 tablespoons. Spread the mayonnaise over the entire surface of the beets carefully, so as to cover it all and at the same time have a beautiful appearance.
- Using a small grater, grate the boiled egg yolk all over the surface.
- Finally, with the help of a damp paper towel, wipe the edges of the plate.
- The salad is tastier if it is refrigerated 4-5 hours before serving. Good appetite!
If you are preparing this recipe, don't forget to take a photo of it and use the hashtag #valeriesfood